Q: Am I at risk of developing mesothelioma?

A: If you currently work or have worked in an occupation where you were exposed to significant concentrations of asbestos, you may be at risk of contracting mesothelioma. You may also be at risk for secondary exposure to asbestos if you live with someone working in or around asbestos. However, bear in mind that those who develop mesothelioma often will not see any signs of disease for 20-50 years after exposure.

Q: Why should I hire an attorney to help me get compensation for mesothelioma?

A: Legal and financial help are available to victims of mesothelioma and asbestos-related injuries, but the process to obtain compensation is complicated. There are numerous trust funds available to compensate victims of asbestos exposure and injury, however trusted legal counsel is strongly suggested to maximize your recovery due to the evidence required by the trusts. An attorney experienced working with these organizations will help you get the maximum compensation you and your family deserve and need. It is not always necessary to file a lawsuit to receive compensation for your asbestos-related injury.

Q: What will an attorney do to help me get compensation?

A: An attorney skilled in asbestos-exposure cases can conduct research into your situation to determine where you may have been exposed and for what period of time. The attorney will help gather evidence to support a claim, research company liability and available asbestos trust funds to help you determine the best strategy, and will act as your representative to get your compensation.

Q: How long do I have to file a lawsuit?

A: You must file a lawsuit within the statute of limitations for your state. For most states (like Texas), the statute of limitations is two years; for California, it’s one year. For personal injury suits, the clock starts ticking from the moment you are diagnosed with mesothelioma; for wrongful death suits, the clock starts at the point of death of the mesothelioma victim.

For answers to more of your questions and for a free consultation, contact The Madeksho Law Firm at 888-910-MESO (6376). We look forward to talking with you.

Q: What types of compensation may be available?

A: If you or a loved one is diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be eligible to receive compensation in any of the following ways:

  • Personal injury lawsuit. Suing the company that exposed you to asbestos.
  • Wrongful death lawsuit. The surviving family may sue the company where their deceased loved one was exposed to asbestos.
  • Veterans benefits. You may be eligible to have your treatments paid for if you were exposed to asbestos as a member of the armed forces.
  • Asbestos trust funds. You may be eligible to receive funds from the numerous trust funds established by asbestos companies that have filed for bankruptcy. You do not have to go to court to qualify for these claims.

Call the Madeksho Law Firm

Need insight into your potential mesothelioma or asbestos-related questions? Call our experienced team today at 888-910-MESO (6376) for a FREE consultation or email us. There is never a fee unless we recover compensation on your behalf.